Sunday, June 24, 2012

30 Days of Film: Day 24.


24. Favorite movie from your favorite actress

Rani Mukherjii is just one of my favourite actresses, but there's a special something that makes her rise above the rest. Perhaps it's the fact she impresses in mediocre films as well as really superb ones, or the fact she's just classy and so very likable in just about everything she does. Hum Tum I picked because not only is it one of my most rewatched films and an utter favourite in the romantic comedy genre, it's also just a solid, very adult performance from Rani and it's the film that made her a favourite. Before Hum Tum, I thought there was a reason why she played second fiddle to Kajol in Karan Johar films. After Hum Tum, I realised she was equal to her cousin Kajol in beauty and in acting skills. 

No comments: