Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Kaminey picspam.



I love the way this movie looks and feels. The oppressive but calming blue tones with occasional flashes of red and gold just seem to add to the gripping atmosphere.



Things only go from bad to worse, and the descent is beautiful to watch, and re-watch, for that matter.

Somehow, Omkara with its tragic ending still feels more rewatchable to me, but Kaminey is just so good, and so well-executed, and with such beautiful music and performances that I couldn't help but love it.





5 comments:

JabIMetBollywood said...

Oh, I love Kaminey! It was so different from other Bollywood I had seen to that point that I was a bit taken aback at first, but I couldn't get it out of my head after the first viewing! I feel like Jab We Met and Kaminy justify my admiration for Shahid Kapoor, no matter how many crap films he may have done (not that *all* of his other films are crap). I feel the ending was a little less than stellar, though.

Daljit Kalsi said...

I also watch this movie three times.

veracious said...

JabIMet - It's true, Shahid has unfortunately more bad than good films in his filmography. I happen to like him in some of his worse films, like 36 China Town or Dil Bole Hadippa but it's quite sad he's not reached the heights of JWM or Kaminey again.

Daljit - I've seen it around that many times as well over the years. Such a good film..

JabIMetBollywood said...

I have a soft spot for Dil Bole Hadippa myself. It's one of my kids' favorites. But I would really like to see the man in something really very *good* again!

ddjjatt said...

I have been a keen follower of your website.
recently I came across this topic and after reading the whole article I am amazed that how well you have written it.
All Latest punjabi song download with punjabi song of and djpunjab.